We are now at the midpoint of the winter season and there are plenty of cold days left before we start warming up. Please be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide.
- Portable generators should NEVER be used INSIDE or in any enclosed space. Keep them 20 feet away from windows, doors, and vents
- Never leave your car on in a garage, even if the garage door is open.
- Have your heating system professionally inspected every year.
- Make sure your fireplace damper is open until all ashes cool.
- Place a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home and outside sleeping areas.
- Symptoms of Carbon monoxide poisoning are: headache, fatigue, nausea and vomiting. If you notice these symptoms and feel it could be from carbon monoxide poisoning, go outside immediately to get fresh air. Call 911.
- REMEMBER...YOU CAN"T SEE OR SMELL CARBON MONOXIDE